Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

Full Belly!
















Sorry guys I forgot all about you until just before the pecan pie so these are the only pictures.
Everything was great - the turkey was moist, tender and tasty, the baby sprouts with buttered pecans delicious, the roasted sweet potatoes with bacon vinaigrette amazing. The whole roasted cauliflower with olive oil and capers was dry and boring. Cauliflower needs something like cheese or Indian curry type flavorings I think.
Oh yes we had Cranberry, Ginger, Blood-orange (wow that looks sinister without the hyphen!) relish in lieu of cranberry sauce.
My first pecan pie - actually "bourbon pecan pie" was great! I cant imagine that some of my readers don't like pecans. Yes William really did make the pastry crust - and everything else too actually. M was working!
OK so I am so full I can barely lift the fingers to type.
Yes there were only two of us - friends from New Mexico were unable to come, friends from California were afraid of the weather. We have been away and attending so many group dinners that a bit of peace and quiet was more than welcome.
Those among you who are expecting Christmas presents from us had better come up with some ideas! Pending paternity suits need not apply! - direct descendants, their wives and children only.
We are going away for the latter part of December - first to Orlando - which usually has more Brits than Britain. Then to Morocco to escape from Christianity for the "holiday period"
Love you all!
William

Comments:
That all sounds goo. I am beginning to think that cauliflour is a waste of time in every circumstance though.
I still can't imagine that the pecan pie was that good, did it have cinnamon in it?
Having said that the walnut tarts in Grenble are pretty good, those are just walnuts in caramel in a pastry case.
I can feel another blog entry of my own with Christmas present ideas for everyone...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?