Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Turkey Ham and Potato Pie



Amazing how a little of the leftover heavy cream can improve a sauce in a leftover-turkey pie!
It helps pasta sauces too!
Then we went to see "Babel" a fairly complicated movie with Kate Blanchet (who gets shot on a tour bus) and Brad Pitt. Rather poignant when you are going to Morocco soon.

BOOK REVIEWS:
I can't seem to get the photos where I want them but if you can't tell the difference between books and a turkey pie you have problems>
Easily, in my opinion, the best of these books is the "Mission Song" - even better than the Constant Gardener.
The Robert Oppenheimer (the one with the hat and the cigarette) is ongoing and very interesting but a bit too, physically, big to take on planes.
The God Delusion tends to hammer things home a bit too repeatedly for me. Especially as he is preaching to the choir (or preaching to the converted as my English readers would say it).
The United States of Arugula would not interest anybody outside the US I don't think but it is interesting for a yankee foodie like me.
I can already imagine the comments about what a "foodie" is!
I have just sold two bicycles and a television so I have money to buy ONE new bicycle.
Give me your comments.







On a more intellectual front:

Comments:
When you post a picture, you can chose the layout, I always use centre. Then you can drag and drop the picture in the text.
I will work on a list of bike options, I like doing that when I have time...
 
Well done for tidying up the bicycle collection - especially without any of them ending up in Ringsted. Buy a comfortable, light but robust bike, and don't forget to consider snow tires.... I am working from home today and the sun is shining so all nice.
 
10/10 for a picture not of food.
Are you getting obsessed & passing it onto jnr?
Cream?
Added to sauces?
Not pc anymore.
Anyway, I've declared my intent to retire at the end of the year, so am open to offers....
I think I would like to write a book or grow vegetables & raspberries,etc
Perhaps I really meant that I would like to read a book, I think that's more realistic
I've just eaten chicken & baked potatoes with coleslaw - did that regain your interest?
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?