Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

Dessert Pizza!

No picture because we ate it but it had Ricotta cheese (bought in error) fresh strawberries and a ton of dark brown sugar.
The cheese was slathered on and around the fruit mixed with a few basil leaves and covered in sugar.
Served on one of my standard thin-crispy crusts.
Very good.


















Meanwhile I went to look at the ski area - which is a half hour drive from home.
It did not look too scary but I wish I had someone to hold my hand if I go for lessons there!
It's called Eldora. If you are interested look at the website. Probably tame by little William's standards but at least it has plenty of snow and it looks plenty challenging enough for an old codger like me!
Sunny today here but big snow tomorrow apparently. Morocco will be warmer on Friday but not warm enough!

Comments:
You need to try cross country skiing, you can do that from home where you live, it is very good exercise and probably less scary, otherwise get some snow shoes and head up into those hills across the street.
William
 
We hired snow mobiles in Slovenia- pretty fast but a pig to steer, and they try to tip up in the deep snow if you slow down. We did some crazy speeds down a hill surrounded by trees though. Perhaps you need to buy a good sledge and give that a try- memories of Atherstone golf course!

Ben
 
Wear some padding - bones get more brittle as you mature. Walking in snow shoes sounds a steadier option.
I didn't know that you'd been to Slovenia in the snow, Ben. Are you sure?
I think I like it to be warm really.
g
 
Oh, no, my mistake, I didn't go skiing there 3 years ago.... oh, yes I did. Of course I am sure!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?