Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 

By Popular (slightly) demand

And so it goes on with a verse for each day of the week like Soloman Grundy.
As a matter of interest I never liked the song nor met anyone else who did.

Twas on a Monday Morning,When I beheld my darling;She looked so neat and charmingIn every high degree;She looked so neat and nimble, O,A-washing of her linen, O,Dashing away with the smoothing iron,Dashing away with the smoothing iron,She stole my heart away.Twas on a Tuesday Morning,When I beheld my darling;She looked so neat and charmingIn every high degree;She looked so neat and nimble, O,A-hanging her linen, O,Dashing away with the smoothing iron,Dashing away with the smoothing iron,She stole my heart away.Wednesday - "A-starching of her linen,O"Thursday - "A-ironing of her linen, O"Friday - "A-folding of her linen-O"Saturday - "A-airing of her linen-O"Sunday - "A-wearing of her linen-O"

Comments:
Thanks for posting the song. I like music alot and enjoy the history behind things.

Di
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?