Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Dance Dance Dance

Now the fiddler's ready
Let us all begin
To step it out
And step it in

To the merry music
Of the violin
We'll dance
The hours away

Katie and Peggy
And Patsy and Poll
Calum and Peter
And Florrie and Moll

Dance dance dance
Dance dance away
The hours together

Dance till dawn
Be in the sky
What care you
And what care I?


I probably learned that song in the late 50's and have not heard or sung it since but I can remember words and tune.
Why can't I remember the name of the restaurant in San Francisco where I made a reservation half an hour ago?
I know the answer - you don't need to tell me!

Scissorhands is Mathew Bourne's latest creation and is as brilliant and creative as ever.
It hit, and somewhat baffled, a Denver audience last night. In California it would have brought the house down. Everything I have seen - Car Man, Play Without Words, Nutcracker, has been excellent.
Off to San Francisco for the weekend for two more nights of culture-vulture-ballet.
Hence the title - dance dance dance - ie three nights of dance.
I love you all

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?