Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

Titanium Tubes and Tulips

This is not the one from Denver - the guy was huge - living alone with only a cat and an expensive bicycle. This is the less expensive one - from Boulder just up the road.
Sorry if this took a long time to download but my cycling and engineer sons will want to click on the pictures to get larger more detailed views.
The famous Moots Steamboat Springs badge. The guy I bought it from had emailed Moots with the serial number and they told him it was made in June 2004

XTR Cranks - which work fine and even look good now I cleaned them a bit


Fancy Fox fork with XTR brakes

XTR shifters and fork adjuster I don't understand.


Pivotless rear suspension - the swing arm just flexes on bumps and compresses this spring/damper. New Continental tires I just put on - without tire levers!

Note the tulips!






Comments:
Simply lots of envy from this side. I wouldn't bother upgrading the barkes unless you ride it off road a lot, it is lovely just as it is. Maybe a new saddle and seatpost and it'll look like new, congratulations!
 
No envy at all from me I'm afraid! But Katie Poppy is smiling so maybe she is a cyclist in waiting! She won't be smiling soon, as we're off for her jabs ! I will probably be in tears too!
E and KP
 
Nice bike! Your Mott's will take you on trips thru the treacherous Tetons after the Rockies threaten to topple. But please pack tools, a toothbrush & tasty taffy to keep yourself tip-top. Before you start off try to tone up with tuna, truffles and toast and check your map so you avoid Tonka trucks and too many trained tow-truck drivers.

D
 
Just fit an engine and I will be interested!!!
 
I've got a "Raleigh"
Would you like a photo?
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?