Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

Also Found in a box!

First writing class assignment - from 2002

The task was to write something including as many of the following as possible:

Chardonnay
Faint
Pawn
judgemental purse
overturn logic
confess.

Here is what I wrote

The chardonnay,
Instead of initiating one of her judgemental outbursts
made her arms limp
Then she fainted
Overturning the chess board
Which had only one pawn on it.
She revived quickly though,
Turning to me to confess
That in her purse
She had some new, sexy underwear
That I would not be able to resist

I surreptitiously took a large swig of chardonnay
hoping that I too would faint
and be spared
what I knew was expected of me

Comments:
Who set this task?
If you gave an infinite number of monkeys this, I think that they could only come up with a load of rubbish.
Or am I being cynical?
ws
 
Yes
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?