Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

At Morning There Came a Rumbling

Buddha heard it first
The moving truck arrived
With four men
All a-thirst.



The Flatirons almost hidden
there came a great avalanche
of ----------


Boxes,
big ones small ones
short ones tall ones
NOT made out of ticky tacky and NOT all the same.

All the stuff from California has arrived just about a year since we left it.
Have almost learned to live without it now and we have to learn to live WITH it again - 400 boxes - to be emptied and places found for the contents and places found for the boxes and the paper.

All the talk of retirement on William's little world - I have never worked so hard as I have since I didn't have a job.
The only things I wish had been destroyed are undamaged. The damage, of course, is only to the things I love.












Comments:
400 boxes?
What a nightmare!
So what was broken then?
How about e-bay & yet another holiday?
On the culinary front, I have a new flan dish,big, villeroy & boch, to match the kitchen ware.
The world is my quiche lorraine!
g
 
Wow that is a lot of stuff. A ciouple of weeks with a digital camera and an ebay account and some progress could be made... Otherwise there is your favourite Craigs list.
Good luck with all of that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?