Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

It's a Guy thing!

bikes that is!
Here is the latest addition - Moots titanium stem


Cateye wireless computer - tells speed, time, distance, average speed, time and other stuff you don't want to know. Also a top view of the stem.

Shimano make high quality bike accessories in Japan and they make different qualities - based on weight and types of bearings etc.
This bike had an XT Derailleur - the thing that changes the 9 gears on the rear hub. XT is slightly inferior to XTR and I found a new XTR Derailleur on Craigslist for half price.
I also learned what "low normal" means when I found, after installing it that the gears now work the other way - the "normal" position - ie the gear that would be selected if the cable broke - is the lowest gear. This is said, by Shimano, to be best for "shifting under load" because the chain moves onto the larger sprocket under the influence of the spring, rather than the rider's shaky, impatient hand. They seem to have done away with adjusters at the lower end of the gear cable too - well if they haven't I have!


I hope you can see that by Sunday night there were fewer boxes in the garage!




Comments:
Pizzas look good altho0ugh I see you have dispenced with any attempt at a uniform shape. Stem is beautiful and I am rather envious of the rear mech, my new one has a chunk broken off from a crash but still seems to function (I know how much they cost!)
Back to posting now after yet another long weekend
 
You have been very busy posting while I have been away from my PC for 4 days (enjoyed it). Spring in Boulder looks very colourful at least when it somes to flowers, that must be a nice change after that tough, rough grass that was your garden in California.
Uhmm, pizza, we were so tired last night so we settled for cereal.
Sexy stem, we have made another purchase, as William will tell you all about, so no bike parts for him.
We have a rule in this house: If it has not been used for a year it goes out (with a few exeptions).
MK
 
Nice pizza's. I stir-fried minced chicken today with shallots, cilantro, Mex. spices and served it over little homemade soft tortilla's, the way the nationals eat them in L.A. Great tasting I thought.

The lavender bush is getting so huge I'm learning how to make lavender sachets, my friend made me some holders for use in drawers (not sure what they're called over there).

On TV over here there's this chef from Denmark and last week he filmed from a (pig) farm and I learned that DM exports huge amt. of hams. Also, I find it interesting how they reclaimed with dikes or ? some marshy land at the NW part of the country to use as farmland some years back, so they have alot more land to use (I guess like Holland did). Fascinating but the guys name sounds German to me, Claus Meyer.

Di
 
Di, Claus Meyer is indeed Danish, I had no idea that he is an export commodity. He has done quite a few interesting things in DK to highten food standards, some of them has worked, but in general Danes are too mean to spend money on proper food.
MK
 
It must be!
That's a very narrow garage, or is it just a trick of the light (or a garage for a bike)?
"lavender bags" a very english tradition - favoured by elderly ladies.
Norfolk lavender is famous here - it's meant to keep insects at bay, I think it may also work on men!
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?