Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Orthithology Lesson


This is a Northern Flicker - saw one walking around the garden which makes it more difficult to identify.
The book (well Google actually) says it is an ant eating Woodpecker.
I did an 11 mile bike ride today with quite a lot of ascent. I am "working on" the times as William advised me to!
People are supposed to be amazed that I swim a mile every morning AND do strenuous bike rides not tell me I am too slow!
It is all because of MK's dad Bent - who is older than me and can speed up vertical hills!
You would love it here Bent! I don't have the Trek you rode any more though - just the Moots mountain bike.

Comments:
Did you see it eating ants? if so then I suppose that you'll bwe making it very welcome and I am sure it will find plenty to eat (if it likes those big ants)
I am impressed that you are doing both the biking and swimming, if you ever feel like running you could be a triathlete!
 
We have not forgotten about the nice pool, well done with all the exercising, dream life! Hope to see you soon-ish. Christmas is a long time away.
 
I am amazed at your physical prowess, William is merely "impressed".
We "have" two woodpeckers, we occasionally see one in the garden, but hear them from different directions when we are in bed -synchronised neumatic drills!
I thought that they ate wood.
I suppose that is a bit simplistic really, & not very nutritious.
g
 
Do you make an error in EVERY title to elicit comment, by the way?
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?