Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

Compulsory Reading

I will be sending the Hosseini book to Elaine - sort of like the "Kite Runner" but more about girls than boys. Quite a violent book - with murders, executions and beatings.
I heard the author on the radio recently saying that the Afghanistan of his childhood (as in the Kite Runner) had become much more hardened and children knew all about AK 47s and how to dismantle and rebuild them rather than fly kites.

The MUST read is the one Elaine recommended on the right by Kim Edwards - a most insightful study of human relationships. Full of vivid mental pictures and believable people. I could not put it down and can not thank E enough for the recommendation. I finished it at 11.30 last night. Those who know me will confirm that not a lot of things (? I can just imagine the comments) will keep me up that late!
This is required reading for all my blog readers!

Comments:
I am imprssed with the improvement in biking performance, i think i will have to work hard to keep up with you!
I was also up late finishing a good but short book 2 nights ago, it is called The Escape Artist and is an autobiography by just any other amateur racing cyclist who has to give up cycling when he becomes a parent, but more sad things follow, good, but sad and maybe not interesting to non bikers.
WM Jnr
 
Keep that very interesting book E recommended till I get there, I need to do some book reading.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?