Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

Culture Vulture Swoops to New Depths!


One of the few advantages of living in Colorado is that nobody else does.
Advantageous, that is, if you like rock concerts because there were even tickets available at the door.
Our friends the Aspleys tried to book for one of the nights in Birmingham UK in November unsuccessfully. We got ours last week.
According to M's tee shirt they will be in Denmark at Aarhus if anyone there is interested later in the year. I can hear the groans from 5,000 miles away.
I went to writing classes with the guitarist Andy Summers - on the right when I was in LA.
Last night I kept my earplugs in all night and could hear just fine. Seeing was another matter. Somewhat less civilized than symphony concerts, with everybody standing up and dancing, but M loved it and I enjoyed some of my old faves like "Don't Stand So Close to Me" and "Walking on The Moon" and "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic"
They disbanded in 1986 swearing they would never tour again unless hell froze over. - another perverted, inverted example of global warming.

Comments:
Hey, that's neat you could see them. One of the best concerts I ever attended was when Sting played at the Inglewood Forum some years ago. I read Stewart Copeland has been complaining in his daily blogs about how bad the band is doing, missing cues, etc, I don't know what the reviewers say this time around, but Police have some of the best songs!

I once had the same vocal coach as Vince Neal from Motley Crue (I was not a heavy metalist tho).

Heard there was a snow storm in CO couple days ago.

Di
 
MK - I watched the Danish cooking show yesterday, Claus' program was on the Isle of Valhom (?). He made herring w/mustard/dill/lemon rind, etc. Served with 'green' strawberries (?) He does alot of grilling & spoke yest. about grapeseed oil I think it is, they grow alot of the seeds on the island. The island was freed a year after everyone else at the end of WW II. I like hearing about Danish history as my relatives were from Copenhavn.
Di
 
Same vocal coach as a member of Motley crue (is that how it's spelled?) does that mean that you speak like Tommy Lee?
I think it would be fun to see the police, but I can't be arsed to go all the way to Ã…rhus, they can come to Ringsted like Bryan Adams!
 
I am so envious of you and Maureen. I really like Sting as solo artist, but would have been really happy to have seen him with Police.
Sue
 
I am so envious of you and Maureen. I really like Sting as solo artist, but would have been really happy to have seen him with Police.
Sue
 
Wm ~ Things aren't always as they appear ... our vocal coach had an operatic background and that discipline is good for all voices. Vince was a very quiet, polite young man too, not like his stage personna or like the wild guy that Tommy Lee portrays.

Di
 
I am a real ignorant when it sones to muscic, my husband will confirm that, but live concerts are always a good experience.
As for Claus the Danish cook, I actually happened to watch the same program last week, and the island is Bornholm (actually closer to Sweden than to Denmark), and he used rape seed oil which apparently is very good for you. I thought it was interesting that he used the green straberries as a salad, he said green strawbs are nice you just need to think of them like capers or olives and not strawbs.
No snow here - very, very warm for DK 25-30 degrees C).
MK
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?