Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Surrealism

Be gentle with me Elaine - I know nothing about art!


I think this looks like a Dali!


this too



Taking a big risk getting into this but it seems to me that the Belgians (as above by Delvaux/Magritte etc.) were producing surrealist paintings before:
Dali. - I once saw a painting by a Belgian artist which my ignorant eyes would have sworn was a Dali but in fact it pre-dated Dali considerably and was by a Belgian artist.
I don't remember their name but can't you see some similarities here?
The careful student may tell me, of course, that these examples followed and were influenced by Dali.
Regardless I am a big fan of Belgium - a much overlooked, rushed-through country with great food, beer, art and music.

Comments:
THe small one on the top right looks like a Terry Gilligham (?) otherwise know as a Monty Python creation. As for Belgium, I think it can easily and rightfully be overlooked as a country with a personality disorder, the beer is admittedly good, but in general I think it is a little boring. I do however have a project in the planning phase for spending some time in the Ardennes next spring
William
 
I made all of those pictures using clippings from the Sunnday papers and a huge pritt stick. Another mystery solved!

C.Eng (Needs a narrative explanation)
 
Call me boring, but I don't like any of the pictures.
I believe that I have managed to avoid Belgium so far, without trying.
I also have a project in the planning phase for spending some time in the garden next spring.
Planning includes reading "Percy Thrower's How to grow fruit & vegetables" - another bargain from the charity shop.
This sounds pretty negative & boring.
I visited Ann this pm - she looks great.
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?