Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

Pad Kee Mao


A Thai dish frequently translated as "drunken noodles" and explained variously as, food you eat when you are drunk - like curry in England, or made by a drunken chef who just throws everything in without a care.
The drink is a martini made with fresh ginger and contains some ginger rice brandy from Cambodia. Get some when you're there Gill it is nice.

I like the last explanation better because it was given to me by a Thai guy.
Note the Celadon plates from Chiang Mai!
the dish is made with rice noodles cut from big sheets of fresh noodle. It took me a year to track down a local supplier - such things were much easier in L.A.
The meat is pork tenderloin and there is also Thai basil, Chinese broccoli, garlic, chillies, black soy sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce. It is a very hot dish and I love it.
I have noticed that the one way to avoid getting comments on the blog is to write some poetry so I am considering starting a second blog just for the poetry so you don't have to read it unless you want to.
Bloggers will know that not all comments are made on the blog but some readers email the blogger privately. Some people do actually like the poems.
One of my readers was very concerned at Gills regret over not poisoning me to save the money on divorce lawyers. - "she calls herself a Christian
The weekend's good news is that I might see B, E, T and KP in September!


Comments:
You've got a new tablecloth.
We had mojitos last night, I made a jug (pitcher) full, rather refreshing after our day at the beach. Also good to wash down the stegt flesk and persille sauce.
 
to WRM.Unaccustomed as I am to intercontintental blogging, if you had read Ben's blog correctly you would have realised that I had recommended Alpen to Ben,hence the 'Alpen is poison to Ben' references from Elaine,to which I replied. Neither you nor George have ever been in mortal danger from food provided by Gill. Do keep up. jen
 
p.s.
if my childrens' comments on my cooking are to be believed they have been dicing with death since birth.
 
Gill has never ever considered poisoning anyone or regreted not poisoning anyone & has no notion whatsoever about this conversation.
Where on earth has this started?
"He/she calls him/herself a christian" is an odious comment to make about anyone.
g
 
We bought some celadon in Chang Mai,
little bits for gifts + the epitomous(I think) frog.
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?