Sunday, October 28, 2007

 

The Cholesterol Wars!

WOW! I am so glad for all this concern about my health!
Since this seems to be "Venting Sunday" in this family's portion of blogworld
I am almost 59 and, after spending most of my life avoiding exercise, I have swum a mile almost every day since I was 50 and today I cycled 10 miles as well. That is around 2 or 3 thousand miles.
I weigh within a few pounds of my weight at age 18
My cholesterol was fine until two years ago - when it rose a lot - with no change in diet. So I did change my diet an reduced cholesterol intake as much as I could. Resulting in no change. My doctor strongly suggested I take Lipitor ( the most widlely used Statin drug) every day and doing so has reduced my cholesterol to an acceptable level. I also had a heart scan for cardio-calcium ( an indicator for heart attacks) - which, despite my other numerous heart attack risk factors (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, over 50 and male) is at a low level.
Famous last words suggest my blood lipids (fatty stuff and tri-glycerides etc.) are in good shape. I am staying out of the inter-necine feud about Danish taxes!- I don't want to have a heart attack but after this outburst I will probably have one tonight or tomorrow.
Stay tuned for tonight's menu - coming soon to this blog!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?