Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Watch Out!

These new occupants of the stable trotted over from Ukraine while I was in the UK following some profligate eBay activity. They were made in the USSR in the 60's
The one on the left is a Swiss quartz chronograph with hinged lugs.
The one on the right is also Swiss but the case is made from Tungsten Carbide - very difficult to scratch - being number 7 on the Mo's hardness scale - where talk is 0 and diamond is 10. It will actually scratch glass if you drag your wrist over some glass.

This is a Citizen which charges up from sunlight or any other light. It is always accurate to better than a second because it corrects itself daily using radio signals from Colorado, Germany or Japan depending where it is.

I am still jet lagged - slept like a log until midnight and then cat-napped for 5 hours - finally giving up and swimming a mile.

So many nice things to say about my stay in Bicester - with my other fantastic daughter-in-law. I am reading her latest book recommendation - The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrel. Superb writing - about someone locked away for 62 years in a mental institution. No it's not tragic really - I will "do a William" and send it to anybody who wants it.

I have already shown you pictures of the fun I had with Ben, Tim and KP. - I have lots more if you want them!


Comments:
I'll collect the book and I have one for you if MK has finished it.
It's a good typo that talk is 0 on the hardness scale, I like that, assuming that there is some sort of violent action at the other end of the scale.
I like the watches, the tungsten one is more interesting because of the material, it is not really my style as I would have thought the Citizen is not really yours!
See you soon (ish)
 
That put some pressure on me, I'm doing my best with the book, if nothing else you can have it when we are all over for Christmas. Only thing is everytime you pick it up the cover reminds you of Krispy Kream donughts!
Good to see pictures of the Bicester- Millards, Katie looks so happy and adorable. Tim looks very serious. More photos please.
MK
 
Soft talk never hurt anyone!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?