Saturday, January 26, 2008

 

Next Steps in Skis

First read the book which my friends Pat and Ray gave me two Christmases ago when I left California

"Soft boots" a relatively new idea, maintain the necessary left right rigidity for steering skis while allowing slightly reduced front back rigidity for SLIGHTLY greater comfort.
Seems to me ski boots are NEVER comfortable unless you are skiing in them - which is only about 20% of the time.

Anyway a search through the tons of ads for ski stuff on craigslist led me to a guy in Golden Colorado (half an hour down the road - remember littlewilliams ski purchase and eating bulls balls at Christmas?) led me to a 6' 3" guy who found these too BIG for him. He could not believe that they were snug and just right on me! - barely 5' 11" $80 the price of a few rentals and they are mine!
Size 30.5 half a size below the ones I rented and just right.
I think he really had only worn them once.
Waiting for the storm in the mountains to abate and leave me it's fresh powder so I can hit the kindergarten slopes next week.


Comments:
That's good news and I guess you did enjoy it after all. I think my alpine boots are 30,5 as well, but mine are a bit on the snug side and I suspect yours a little larger thatn necessary.
Good luck with them. I have lookd at the price of renting in Norway and 3 days rental will be more than I paid to buy the skis and have them serviced!
I am looking forward to it although it is apparently -10 C today in Kvitfjell
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?