Monday, January 28, 2008

 

Sunday Ski


Here is the proof that I wore the boots yesterday - I was up at Eldora Ski resort before they opened at 8.30. Skied the baby slopes for two hours and left just as it was getting crowded. Cars were lining up to get IN to the parking lot. It only costs $7 per day to use the beginner's lift.
I didn't fall over and was under control the whole time. I may take another lesson when I am confident on the easy slopes.
The boots are smaller than the ones recommended at the resort and they are just long enough. Like all my footwear they are always too big in most dimensions in order to be long enough.
There is a whole chapter on "boot tuning" in the book so I spent last night with my allen wrenches (keys) adjusting things. They worked far better than the ones I had rented and actually began to feel like extensions of my legs - which is how I think they should feel.
I sense most of you are asleep at this point so I will leave you in peace.

Comments:
Can we have some scenery as well next time? I am very envious that you can just drive up the road and do that for half a day where as we have to travel accross severl countries...
 
Well done William. I am glad that you are getting more confident and actually enjoying the skiing! Keep it up.- Sue
 
I'm very happy to see that you have taken up the challenge, well done. Having your own boots is essential. Good idea to get more lessons from time to time so that you don't develop bad habits... skiing I mean.
MK
 
And don't forget to floss.

Good to here that skiing is catching on.


Ben
 
Dear Ben

I will teach Tim to spell

E xx
 
Typo, not bad spelling. Anyway has it been quiet in the US since ski Sunday? You could do Blogging Wednesday?
Ben
 
Typing here instead of hear is not a typo, it is the wrong word!
Please Elaine, don't leave the spelling to Ben or me for that matter it is something of a family failing in our generation.
I am getting bored of looking at those skis too. If it becomes a once a week blog it would save time looking on a daily basis.
 
forget the skis - with feet that size you certainlydon't need snowshoes!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?