Friday, February 01, 2008

 

Friday Night Blog

Jamie Oliver's Goulash - made with pork and all colors of bell peppers, caraway seeds, paprika, tomatoes, roasted peppers and marjoram.
Served here with home made Spaetzle - Jamie suggested rice but it doesn't seem very Eastern-European. Yes I know it is more healthy!
Washed down with an 02 California Cabernet very nice dinner.
Next time I will try G's recipe for dumplings (I just typed G's dumplings but I saw a thousand double entendres) - Suet is not obtainable here though except as bird food.

Plenty of snow at Eldora - my local ski resort - 35 minutes up the mountain from here.
Scenery you wanted well here it is! - 5 fresh inches overnight - it was very windy in Boulder this morning - I climbed 4,000 feet and there was no wind!
Below is my private changing room - note the skis but don't tell M!
Cost about the same as the boots - the cost of a few rentals but each rental and return takes a lot of time - lining up and filling in silly forms. I can just get in the car and head home now. Almost ready for the next most expensive lift ticket - from $7 to $21.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?