Sunday, February 10, 2008

 

Watch for updates

Not a new watch as those who pay attention will know - but a new strap - genuine Omega I believe - from somenone in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on ebay. What a coincidence that I bought the watch there!

This is the original strap that came on the watch
This is a rubber Omega strap which I bought from the same guy
This is an 8 year old Raymond Weil with a lime colored dial. I bought on Craigslist for my birthday
A ceramic Rado with a tungsten carbide strap from ebay
unbelievably cheap I think because it is not black
This is a real Andy Warhol painting in someone's house I went to the other day.
As to my arm, shoulder ski injury - I finally, with the aid of painkillers, managed to do my morning mile swim today. I think it is getting better slowly. I have a ski lesson planned for Tuesday so watch this blog!


Comments:
I think that I need to do a blog about some of my collections- a few watches, but also some more engineering related stuff.

Ben
 
Where was the painting? I am impressed. I wish I had bought the Planet Ocean instead of the Speedmaster, it seems like a much more sensible watch but I absolutely love the Rado, I really like those and have wanted one for a while. I suspect that "really cheap" was not that cheap really...
 
Surely people only really need one watch?
 
Perhaps you arm, shoulder injury is caused by the excessive weight around your arm,wrist.
I hope that it is better soon.
g
 
Is somebody making a play for some watches?
 
Good news on your wait loss ...

Di
 
Does anything genuine come out of KL?
 
You will know if the metal strap is real or not- it will be loose in a few weeks if it is false!

The genuine ones are also made of loads of tiny links, the fake ones are made from less pieces.

Ben
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?