Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 

On the way for my haircut

I saw blooming Pearl Street Mall.

My walk got me thinking about little Williams list of 

Brown paper packages tied up with string

Dew drops up noses and bright copper kettles

Schnitzle with noodles.

I will start with areas I don't agree with him.

I have one of those fountain pens and it fails my basic test for pens.

If you don't exercise it daily, like a dog, it won't write. With this requirement I have, reluctantly, found that Ball Pens Rule!

I have a push mower - it gives me the same feeling as my iron - but at least is is over faster than ironing.

I love my Moots Bicycle - look back a day or a year for photos - it is the epitome of perfect workmanship - I enjoy looking at it as much, or maybe more, than riding it.

The ride up Flagstaff Mountain and down took around an hour in total by the way. I can improve on that. While it is 80F today it promises to drop 30 degrees 15 C by tomorrow with some snow so it may be a day or so before I make another attempt on the ascent.

I love all three motorcycles - really should get rid of one but they all satisfy a different part of me.

Love the Beemer car - but then so do most other people.

I make no attempt to justify this materialism here but I hope my lifestyle and blogging generally indicate that I love the best things in life that are free too.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?