Thursday, April 17, 2008

 

More for the album!


I can't believe that anyone really wants to read about my version of  "the trivial round the common task" 

Yesterday I got out of bed in San Diego - today in Boulder Colorado some 1,600 metres higher and 25 Celsius degrees colder. I swam a mile, cleaned the house from side to side (it is a single storey story). Fetched the mail from the post office, went to the drycleaners, did some shopping. Put out the garbage bins (today is "mixed paper" collection day)

Now I have to decide which poem to read at a "poetry open mike" tonight.

Aren't you all glad to know this?

tulips with snow in their mouths.

Last year each bulb was one big flower, this year they have each produced three or four smaller flowers - shorter and therefore stronger when full of snow.


Comments:
The open poetry thing sounds interesting. I met Khaled Hosseini last week and got him to autograph my copy of the Kite Runner!! I was so thrilled to meet him! Tune in to World Book Club on the World Service at the end of May - 27th I think - to hear the show!

Elaine
 
Wow text as well! Have you noticed that it says "determined to show the world without pictures" on the page with little else!?
 
From where did he inherit this sarcasm?
Big voice & not too fast!
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?