Monday, May 05, 2008

 

Brooks babbling

Remember this, rather expensive, saddle I bought last year soon after I bought the Moots?

I did a blog about it's being made in Smethwick Birmingham.

It was like sitting on an iron rail - despite "applying Brooks Proofide" and trying to "break it in" The instructions also talked about tensioning the saddle - using a bolt underneath you can stretch the leather. It occurred to me that one could also relax the tension - which I did and now it is much more comfortable.

I have no fat on my butt at all, as some of you will know, and when I sit on anything hard I am just sitting on two my two sit- bones. Now the brooks is more like a hammock.

Looking at littlewilliam's 12 hour race I don't expect ever to be doing one! even if there are, as it appears, no hills. Riding in mud is like riding uphill all day anyway except you never get to go  downhill.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?