Sunday, June 29, 2008

 

Squirrels

Somebody mentioned squirrels? (Thanks for the comment MK) yes they are still here but they are not the same ones any more - they seem to breed and the babies grow and move on to their own, new territory. I think I read that they live in a fairly small area - 200 meters or so? and don't stray much. I think this one I just photographed today might be the grandaughter of the last one I posted.


The tulips are over and I am wondering what to put in the flower bed.
Last night we had "fried stuffed squash blossoms the way William made them" little William made them when W, MK and J were here last summer. These, however actually had squash attached to the blossoms while the others were just flowers. The flowers were stuffed with a mix of Mascarpone, walnuts, chervil, Parmesan and breadcrumbs. 
A disproportionate amount of work in my opinion but the presence of the actual zucchini made it  a bit more worthwhile.
There are some faint signs of life over on awaywithwords. I announce this because I suspect people have stopped bothering to look - like they will at bensbreakfast if he doesn't get back to it!


Comments:
The stuffed squash bears an uncanny likeness to the squirrels, in a graphic sort of way.
Have you thought of "stuffed squirrels"?
g
 
So how did they compare to the ones I made?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?