Monday, October 06, 2008

 

The Aforementioned

the aforementioned (except it comes afterwards)  NSU Quickly - a German bestseller in the 60's. I bought one for 15 pounds in York but, after pedaling it up and down Bell View Terrace and getting yelled at by a neighbour with a poker, it was clear the engine was no good.  So I went with a friend to buy a smashed up one with a good engine but it wouldn't fit in his car. We had foreseen this and took a hacksaw with us and cut the bike in half below the petrol tank.
Then I had a working bike  -  but it still had pedals.
During the six months I rode this bike - helmets became mandatory in England. I had to wear one, when riding,  until I moved to Colorado in 2006 - 34 years later.


Comments:
Isn't NSU Nos Specific Urethritis?
 
Thirty four years in that helmet, no wonder you emigrated.
Worse than a burka at mealtimes & it made such a mess of the pillows!
g
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?