Friday, October 10, 2008

 

Continuing Saga


Encouraged by the overwhelming number of comments my motorcycling life story continues.
After moving from York to my native Midlands of England I finally decided to take my motorcycle test and a BSA Bantam 175 cc was ideal especially since the B in BSA stands for Birmingham. (Birmingham Small Arms! - the company started by making guns and from boring gun barrels they moved on to boring cylinder barrels for engines)
Yes that's  me in the top photo by Gill's greenhouse.
At 21 I passed my motorcycle test by riding for half an hour round the streets of Shirley, Solihull while somebody walked to various vantage points to watch me. I almost failed for going too slowly!

Comments:
Did you steal your biking gloves off a welder?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?