Thursday, October 16, 2008

 

The Next Motorcycle

I rescued one just like this from a garage in stechford and rode it back to Knowle.
g could barely keep up with me riding home.
250 cc twin - electric start my first, hydraulic disc brake my first and pretty fast by my standards of the time!
I made my first long motorcycle ride on this one - to Manchester for a one week electronics for teachers course. I also had my first spill on it! - sliding off on a diesel-covered roundabout in Salford. I slid along the road in my Wranglers. The jeans were undamaged once I got them clean but I had a big friction burn on my bum. The bike was OK apart from a scraped brake pedal. 
Another thing I forgot to mention is that from the BSA to the Honda meant swapping feet because the gears were on the right and the brake on the left on old British bikes and the opposite on Japanese and other bikes. This will become relevant again in a later post.

Comments:
I was on foot!
After you slid on your backside, you rode home & spent a week in bed recovering.
That I do remember.
How did we afford all of these bikes when we were so hard up?
g
 
I am on my third bike with hydraulic disc brakes and I've never owned a motorcycle!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?