Saturday, October 18, 2008

 

Waldorf Astoria

I remember when my work in England demanded that I spend a week at the Waldorf in London being very exited about it. When I went to my room, far away from the glitzy lobbies and ballrooms and marbled halls it was a dingy depressing little cupboard.
This is just the same. Downstairs, two nights ago, McCain and Obama and all the TV crews were prancing around in their evening dress, for some charity event,  as I rolled around in my little old bed. 
This morning there wasn't even any hot water.
The building in the foreground, by the way,  is a church - The Waldorf Astoria is the tall building behind it. 
It just happens to be the venue for this particular Cancer meeting.
Off to Geneva tomorrow for a little European charm I hope.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?