Tuesday, November 18, 2008

 

Across the pond

On May 8th 1994 I handed back my company car and B took me to Birmingham Airport with a one-way ticket to the USA.
I spent the first several months finding a job and lived for a year without a motorcycle.  Summer weather in New Jersey is ideal for motorcycling and I found this baby -  a Honda Shadow 500  V twin 500, six speed gearbox, shaft drive with two spark plugs in each cylinderand looking a bit like a Harley Davidson. Of course it was a bargain price.
The love of two wheels with the wind in my face was as strong as ever and millions of miles of new roads to explore.
I used to ride it to work, over the Delaware River into Pennsylvania through the Pocono Mountains as the sun rose behind me - fantastic.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?