Friday, December 25, 2009

 

Blue sky over Boulder

Here I am in a different place with new and wonderful people in my life! After 15 years with someone else.

I broke the news of our impending divorce to my family and a few close friends and they expressed nothing but support! Without exception.

I told more friends and neighbors after the divorce and again received wholehearted love and support.

Going to court for a divorce was the last thing that I wanted but even the judge seemed to support me - granting everything I wanted and more besides.

We got married, told our close friends that we are delighted to be having a baby in April. Some thought us crazy to do this but we knew we wanted a family and we knew that time was not on either of our sides.

Subsequently there was an appeal - which the judge seemed to ignore until the last minute, which was about a week ago.

Then, as a pile of Christmas cards waited to be written and mailed, the judge ruled that everything I had been granted was now given to M - except my watches and the Honda Element. Quite a blow!

So what I am saying is that your Christmas cards will be a little late this year - you may even get them next year. The judges decision is not final and I have appealed against her decision.

I am having a great Christmas day with L and I (zzy) and Max.

We had our Christmas dinner last night Brazilian style, on the 24th like the Danes do, at a Churrascaria in Denver. No caipirinhas for pregnant L but two for me and more steak, lamb, cheese bread, rice and beans, farofa, fried bananas, sausages, than we could eat.

I am hoping that M is somewhere having a good time too.

The latest news on Lumytunes is that our baby is A GIRL! and her name is Rose Ann (Rose after Lumy's mother and Ann after my sister). She kicks all day and all night - it seems she will either take after her Karate teacher mother or her soccer-playing sister.


Comments:
Good Luck
 
Again- it seems there is a somewhat stunned silence from your blog followers.
You will need more than luck with a new baby but I am sure she will be beautiful. We can only wish her and you a happy, healthy life.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?