Sunday, March 14, 2010

 

Weekend Thoughts

After a week of fixing furnaces, changing locks and clearing up a house after and electrical fire, installing a tv in someones bedroom, replacing a thermostat, installing a tap (here called a hose bib) in a garage, working on my new, old, free espresso machine, fixing Bugaboo brakes, swimming 6 miles. I am trying to inspire a few comments here by actually writing something.
We went to the doctors on Friday and Rose is now estimated to Weigh 5 pounds and has about 6 weeks to go. She continues to kick L around day and night, sometimes painfully but the doctor says all sign's are that she is a very healthy baby. She is also, like her dad, very interested in flashlights (torches for the UK people) We read a weekly commentary on what is developing during the week and some time ago she was supposed to be able to see light and recognize voices. She certainly responds to flashlights when shone on Momma's belly!

I have a confession to make about swimming. I have started the daily mile again, but to my horror, the pool I have been swimming in for a year is 25 yards long not 25 meters. I had originally been assured by a member of the pool staff that it was 25 meters so I was doing 60 lengths and claiming to have done a mile every morning. I had been impressed with my ability to swim a mile in 40 minutes are so at age 60 just as I had at age 50. Now I realize why Alcatraz took me so much longer than 5 years ago because I was swimming 10% less than a mile during practice and the 1.5 mile swim seemed further than I expected.
I found that it took me almost an hour to do the necessary 72 lengths last week but I have knocked about 10 minutes (and a couple of pounds) off this week.
The weather here has been consistently better than Copenhagen in terms of temperature, snow, sunshine and every other measure this winter I must admit.

My post a month or so ago about Skirting boards and baseboards is still attracting the strangest comments, the most recent one about genital herpes in women. Earlier ones are impossible to comprehend. I guess there is some kind of automatic search engine looking for certain words, but why are those words of interest to anybody? We bloggers receive comments, on our blogs, as emails so I guess you guys haven't even notice the comments.



Comments:
All that work & still time for a 0.9 mile swim?
Make the most of the 8 hours sleep that sets you up.
g
 
Yep, you're in for another shock in about 6 weeks...
 
misplaced interest in skirting broads perhaps ?
 
Not again..
 
It's strange that you post things from your parents class - most of us who have children have seen that stuff before - nothing new.
Then you go on about how much you did or didn't swim. Dull as dishwater.
The skirting baords were a bit of an oddity - as was the broken desk - I think some of us like the more unusual topics.
 
If you don't like the content, don't read the blog or don't bother to make snotty comments.
It really isn't British.
Take up a hobby or buy a TV
 
If they were British they would know that the expression is "dull as DITCHWATER" not dishwater.
I would assume, therefore, that they have a TV.
It seems like a new form of cowardly act - shitting on someone's front grass at night and then running away before anyone sees you. Writing derogatory remarks on a blog anonymously. I am racking my brain to think through all the miserable, sad people I know, who are capable of such remarks, for who's information I swam 72 lengths at 5.30 every morning so far this week. Now I have a new reason for doing it! to annoy YOU whoever you are.
Thank you to the previous anonymous for the support.
wrm
 
I think you should delete that snotty comment.

Unfortunately, when you post your life on the internet - you get both postive and negative reactions.

As long as writing the blog makes you happy, then do it.
 
I didn't mean to be anon, I was interupted & forgot to sign off.
"Dishwater" is an Americanism.
Ditchwater is far more interesting.
g
 
Blimey it all gets rather carry around very quicly.

I would have thought that you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing and I wouldn't get dragged into the mud slinging.

But then what would I know?

W Jnr
 
What indeed?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?